19.5.10

best bikeshop find so far




Over the past few days I've been biking home from work across Portland, stopping at shops i see along the way. Usually bike shops. And comic shops. So far my favorite bike shop is definitely North Portland Bike Works, http://www.northportlandbikeworks.org/ located on Mississippi Ave, not far from downtown, nestled amongst a menagerie of other curious and inviting stores, NoPo Bike Works has good prices, friendly staff and a few unique finds. As far as accessories and a scattering of used parts goes, I think they excel. They also host community repair night every 2nd Tuesday of the month (which I have yet to attend). I found their selection and pricing on panniers and jackets not very competitive with other locations I've visited, but such finds as brightly colored seats for 25$, large variety of well priced handlebar tape (in a rainbow of colors, my favorites hiding in the glass counter), bins of discount items, inexpensive bike racks, pumps, etc and free bike lane maps for Portland and the larger metro area definitely offset that for me. As soon as my next paycheck arrives, you know where I'll be.

:-)

happy biking,


Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment